please tag your snk, snk is an alright series but it makes me really uncomfortable because its creator is a war crime apologist and has trivialized the murder of millions of koreans, chinese, indonesians, filipinos, vietnamese etc and its really disturbing to see literally every day how the snk fandom does not care and is pretending nothing is wrong with that
also id like to apologize for generalizing the snk fandom; i did not intend for this post to gain attention or become a hub for information and therefore let my emotions get a little ahead of me, and it seems that the biggest problem is that most people do not know anything about this
Possible candidates for a WOC Disney Princess
- Queen Liliuokalani: Hawaiian princess during the 1800's who must defend her land from a scorned volcano spirit that swears to destroy all of Hawaii.
- Princess Kaguya: Japanese folktale princess who is raised by the emperor and soon discovers her inherent alien abilities as a resident of the Moon, deals with social exclusion while simultaneously butting heads with a kitsune.
- Calamity Jane: Native American non-princess a la Mulan who deals with mystical creatures she must defeat while on the Western Frontier because she is the only one who knows the dangers of the land (like Wendigos and Cactus Cats).
- Maria Pistolas: Hispanic non-princess who rescues unjustly arrested revolutionaries during the Mexican Revolution against Spain.
- Queen Hatshepsut: Egyptian pharaoh who is cursed to become a wolf at night by the Egyptian gods and must discover a cure after realizing she has killed her entire family and become monarch.
- Princess Romanework: Ethiopian princess who must venture into Italy in hopes of escaping death due to being a twin and experiences culture shock.
I’ve had it up to here with “why-can’t-we-all-just-get-along” activists.
There is a distinction between working to create a safe space where everyone is valued and working to create a space where privileged people are spared the possibility of feeling responsible.
effective feminism is realizing that every struggle is not your own and that you can’t always relate
cultural appropriation is putting fireflies in a jar
and letting them light up your bedroom
as you drift off to sleep.
and when you wake up all the lights have flickered out
but only when you’re older do you realize
you slowly suffocated them so
that you could enjoy their glow.
I took the day off to draw a comic about something that I’ve never really discussed with anyone before - at least not all of it. I don’t know why I felt the need to do this NOW - this was about three years ago, my sophomore year of college. And I use the term “comic” loosely because it’s really just a series of scribbled pictures - I may try to clean it up at some point. And it’s pretty long so it’s under a cut.
If you remember my Holy Ghost comic, it took place at about the same time as this.
I should say there are probably some trigger warnings for self-harm, suicide, and (maybe) eating disorders under there - it’s not as bad as it sounds I promise, but be warned.